Thursday, October 31, 2019

Yarn Demon-0, Cindy-1

 I'd given up on finding the pink yarn I needed to finish the second dishcloth 
but when I went back to Wal-Mart to buy the needed one more skein of blues-there was none!
I stood there incredulously but had a moment of madness and bought a skein of pink and blue.
When I got home, I used the blue section to finish the blue and the pink likewise--
Ha!  I nailed it!  There is no way you can see a difference or feel a difference either!!!!
Every once in a while, a moment of genius strikes and it sure succeeded this time!
 I organized all of the blocks I am calling 'Ribbon Candy'.
These blocks are 6 1/2' each.
And since so many of you agreed with the idea of a patriotic quilt, I dug through the stash
and cut blue strips to go with the left over red/white ones.
This will be sewn into a simple rail fence design.
But first, I will finish sewing the other quilt blocks together
and
load up one of the five quilts that are hanging over the frame just waiting for me!!!
Good plans for this last day of October!

7 comments:

  1. Fun solution!!! Yay for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you made me want some ribbon candy when all I have is candy corn!!! Lol....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ribbon candy is the perfect name!
    Nice save on the dishcloths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name Ribbon Candy! It's perfect. I'm impressed on your solution to the yarn problem. I would have probably just lamented that I couldn't find the yarn. Great idea!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant and clever idea on the dishcloths!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I never would have thought of that solution! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there are many moments of genius with you, look at all the wonderful things you create!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...