I'd given up on finding the pink yarn I needed to finish the second dishcloth
but when I went back to Wal-Mart to buy the needed one more skein of blues-there was none!
I stood there incredulously but had a moment of madness and bought a skein of pink and blue.
When I got home, I used the blue section to finish the blue and the pink likewise--
Ha! I nailed it! There is no way you can see a difference or feel a difference either!!!!
Every once in a while, a moment of genius strikes and it sure succeeded this time!
I organized all of the blocks I am calling 'Ribbon Candy'.
These blocks are 6 1/2' each.
And since so many of you agreed with the idea of a patriotic quilt, I dug through the stash
and cut blue strips to go with the left over red/white ones.
This will be sewn into a simple rail fence design.
But first, I will finish sewing the other quilt blocks together
load up one of the five quilts that are hanging over the frame just waiting for me!!!
Good plans for this last day of October!
Fun solution!!! Yay for the win!ReplyDelete
Now you made me want some ribbon candy when all I have is candy corn!!! Lol....ReplyDelete
Ribbon candy is the perfect name!ReplyDelete
Nice save on the dishcloths!
I love the name Ribbon Candy! It's perfect. I'm impressed on your solution to the yarn problem. I would have probably just lamented that I couldn't find the yarn. Great idea!ReplyDelete
Brilliant and clever idea on the dishcloths!ReplyDelete
Wow, I never would have thought of that solution! Great job!ReplyDelete
I think there are many moments of genius with you, look at all the wonderful things you create!ReplyDelete