This is a new course I'm taking on machine knitting;
it is a top down sweater, a raglan.
The neck band is knitted first and then the front and back are each knit
from the band down to their hems.
I'm knitting this on the LK-150 machine.
So far, so good!
The new-to-me dishcloth yarn works nicely--it isn't all thick and stiff
-a nice weight to work with and the dishcloth feels like it will work out well, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STRAIGHT ON FROM HERE
Completed quilt, 57" x 68" I did stitched a few of these blocks together; the one on the right, I did first and didn't do too...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...


oh, that's interesting that you do the neckband first. Most of the top-down sweaters Ive done have you do the neckband after, picking up from your body stitches.
ReplyDeleteWow....that's a lot of sweater you have there! That sure beats hand knitting the boring parts. I am on the body of a sweater at the moment and I don't think I will ever get it done. It is good TV knitting so I shouldn't complain. The hardest part is finding something decent to watch.
ReplyDeleteOh to knit by hand that fast!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteInteresting! I always feel like knitting the sleeves is like making 2 more backs.
ReplyDeleteI do like that dishcloth pattern. I can't believe how fast machine knitting is compared to hand knitting. It's fun to watch it come together.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Betsy