Saturday, October 5, 2019

FlitExpert, that's me!

 I eased into my role at home;
I finished the second garter lace dishcloth.
 I sorted a jelly roll from my Mom;
I'm not sure what pattern I will sew with it yet.
Several ideas are percolating, one of which I have wanted to do for some time
 but I need some yardage of white to make it work.
These orphan crocheted blocks were given a good press and I will use them for little doilies;
my grandmother made these particular ones!  I used her own #9 steel hook to weave in ends!

I hope to tackle some lace on the knitting machine today-here's to patience and progress!

6 comments:

  1. Were you and I dishrag tag partners in a swap? I recognize those amazing cloths with the lace on the edge. I LOVED them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jelly roll brought tears to my eyes. Daddio used one just like that to make a quilt for his lady friend years ago. I finished quilting it after he passed and took it to her and she was overcome with emotion. It's a beautiful collection of material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you made a very good start back at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty projects. I think those lace edged dishcloths are beautiful and how neat that you have the little squares that your Grandma made. Heirlooms for sure.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crochet doilies make my heart sing. I have a few that I still use. I'm glad you plan to use your grandmother's blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...