Saturday, October 12, 2019

A Triumph!

 I've stopped trying to go ahead of the lessons and did what I was supposed to do for the week!
Yup, this is a knit sampler of Tuck stitches on the knitting machine!
I have turned the picture on its side, but it is hanging down like a scarf on the design board!
I knit with KnitPicks Stroll and used 1 1/2 skeins of fingering weight yarn.
 Starting from the top, here are some close-ups.
 These are knit using the punch card on the knitting machine to tell it which needles to pull
out of work and when to put them back for these very textural stitches!
 Like the knitters of old who kept samples of their stitches so they could use them again and again,
I will keep this hanging in my sewing room for a reference!
 The stitches use the technique of piling up stitches on needles and then knitting them up on every
second, third or fourth pass of the carriage so you have height or texture built up on the purl side of the knitting.
 Very fun to do, I only had a few mistakes in the beginning with following the steps for establishing
the pattern by pushing the wrong levers/buttons but by the tenth sample, I knew what I was doing!
There is something said for repetition!
This one is my favorite and I think you will be seeing it used on a sweater yoke in the near future!
 Most of the patterns look better on the purl side 
but some of them look really good on the knit side, too!

What a good idea to make a sampler, don't you agree?!

9 comments:

  1. That is so pretty. It looks like one of the advent scarves I used to make in a Ravelry KAL group years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! It would also make a beautiful table runner.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat to be able to do all that on a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to have a win after a loss! Poor kitty, it obviously is such a weight on her. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! That's an impressive sample, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes . .I think it was a great idea and i love it in white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. You'll have a whole repertoire of stitches to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply lovely! The versatility of the machine is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...