Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Organizing 100 years ago

 This beautiful piece of ladies' furniture was my grandmother's.
 I lovingly polished it today to bring out the luster in the wood-
if you were this old, you would be thirsty, too!
 Look at the details on this top!  
 She kept her latest quilting projects inside;  she loved to sew them by hand.
I use plastic bins but this one sure does outclass them by a mile!
See the littlest bit of yellows and orange--this is in the poplar tree by my sister's home, 
right next door. 
 I think these are a relative of the aspens out west!

5 comments:

  1. That ladies chest is beautiful and so nice to have a little bit of family history with you now.

    I have my mom's rocker. It's not an antique quite yet, but it's the only "fancy" thing she ever owned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty! I have my grandma's sewing bin too. It's a big covered box. It still has the old patterns in it including the one for my wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little chests and storage furniture!!! I have a wood phone table that I just don't have need for, but I can't give it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely beautiful sewing chest. It definitely does outclass most of what we use nowadays. I had my Mom's sewing box which I have given to Mandy.
    Our trees are losing leaves at a rapid pace. It's SO early this year. I'm afraid of what winter holds for us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my grandmother's sewing box. It is very similar to yours without the in-laded pattern. You are so lucky to have such a great piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...