Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Works in Progress

 I enjoyed going to the local quilting group the other day;
I added borders to the simple charm quilt I started two weeks ago.
I had to add cornersstones because the fabric was older than I thought-
it only measured 40" wide and that is including the selvedges! 
 I had a math problem then so one of the ladies in the group
had this great idea! 
 Nice to have a rescue!
 And I stitched this second charm quilt, also.
Except when I smoothed it onto the design wall when I came home,
I noted a row I seamed wrong-do you see it?!
I will rip out the row and sew it right today!
I must have stitched that row wrong while having a good laugh!
I so enjoy the company of like-minded (quilt) women!
I also played with a few scraps to do a quilt block I have wanted to do for a long time.
It utilizes jelly rolls and a light neutral--I like 'weaving' with fabric!

7 comments:

  1. Everything is coming together, even if sometimes it's out of place! Been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I give up. I can't find the boo boo. I love your "weaving". Those are such pretty colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't find the mistake at all. I love all three of these quilts and the weaving is beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt I posted on Monday had a glaring mistake that I didn't see until a reader pointed it out to me. Love the woven blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really like that last layout! Another one to add to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful.

    Good that like-thinking minds came up with a solution to short yardage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I see it... I like everyone all three quilts... so pretty! You have been busy! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...