Friday, October 18, 2019

Don't Beat This Drum!


I struggle with Autumn allergies
which makes my favorite time of the year,
a real challenge.

When I flew to NY in August,
it really aggravated my right ear.
The flight home didn't help either.
The flight back up the end of September
really upped the ante
and the flight home has brought it to a head.

I finally went to the doctor's yesterday,
he gave me a steroid shot,
a prescription for antibiotics
and a scolding not to wait so long next time my ear is so painful!

He also added another allergy pill.

Oh, and a flu shot.

Needless to say, 
I have dozed and knitted while listening to a book.
I am hoping to get my health back on track;
when I add one more straw to the MS package,
it doesn't hold up and I come crashing down!
The third dog sweater is added to the pack,
a new yarn for another one is waiting for me.
and a garterlac dishcloth,
which has been ripped back way too often
because every time I wake up , I seem to knit in the wrong direction!

8 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    P.S. What pattern did you use for the dog sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I am so miserable right now. There is so much leaf mold this year it's ridiculous. The falling leaves are all white with it. Ugh. Until we get a good frost I'll be all itchy and scratchy.
    I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your struggles. I am just amazed at how strong and busy you are with the MS alone!! Will add you to my prayers for quick healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall allergies are difficult to treat because the triggers vary so much from year to year no even day to day. I hope you get some relief soon. The dog sweaters are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great output for someone who has been all through that! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purples! I'm sorry you have been unwell. I've been sniffling for around three weeks now, it must be allergies because otherwise I feel fine. I didn't realize that you have MS. I know so many people who have it and they are all like you, busy, busy, busy!
    I hope you're soon feeling like yourself again my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little doggy sweaters are so cute.

    I had an ear issue earlier this year, and I did the same thing... left it too long! Glad you're getting it sorted. The tiredness just means you need the rest! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh boy. That s the trifecta of ear issues. So SORRY. Steroids ought to quickly shut down the inflammation. Keep those cute dishcloths coming

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...