Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Take Thisi!!!

 I had a good time sewing the strips together and then cutting them into 6 1/2" blocks.
I haven't organized the different colors into their final arrangement
but I did put them up to see how big I wanted to make the layout.
The sparkly doesn't show here but I will share a close-up when I have them all sewn.
 And on the knitting front, I am making dishcloths like a fiend.
I ran out of the blue , which is Peaches & Creme Stripey, so I will pick up another skein tomorrow.
I wish I could get two from a skein like I did from the new Lion Brand cotton, Re-Up.
(My Wal-Mart is not going to carry Peaches & Creme anymore so I need to get the
blue before they run out like they did the pink!
I found the right color, Energetic Pink, from Amazon and from Etsy, 
but I refuse to pay the price-$13 for two skeins!  Yikes!
I will finish the pink with white rather than pay that price!)
I thought I would share a warped kind of funny with you;  this came in the mail for me!!!!
(I don't disparage flu shots, only my body's reaction to it this time!)

7 comments:

  1. Walmart has really reduced their yarn dept. here too. They used to have a decent selection of cotton and stripy acrylic for dog sweaters but not any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walmart has reduced the fabric they sell to mostly solids, which I rarely use. $13 is an outrageous price for two skeins plus shipping, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't had a flu shot since we were newly married, and we both ended up feeling horrible. I have not had the flu, knock on wood, in all that time. 27 years this past May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same about Walmarts yarn selection recently. Luckily, both Michaels and Hobby Lobby are even closer than Walmart to me and they both have great yarn.
    I feel the same about the flu shot this year. I still feel kind of yucky, although today it could be from the botox injections I had yesterday. It's always something isn't it?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects!

    I've never gotten the flu short, but I got hit with the flu bad last year, so this year I'm sucking it up. (I hate needles). Both Dave and I need to be careful - his Grandma and my Dad are have low-immunity, and we don't want to pass anything on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ALWAYS get a flu shot. I had to postpone this year due to having a cold virus. But as soon as I can I'll be getting mine. . Fireman was very glad he had his flu shot because he took a flight this weekend and a ten year old vomited all over the entry way to the plane. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got my first flu shot this year but then got ill two days later and had to miss work. I was not happy but still it is better than being sick for a week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...