Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Hot Off the Machine Needles!

 Bill built a fire tonight because we are sharing the cold wind from our northern neighbors
so I enjoyed seaming up the top down sweater from the machine knitting challenge!
 I peacefully stitched up the sleeve and down the side in one seam 
using the mattress stitch over two bars.  
 It went very quickly and results in an invisible seam.
For best results, here's a tip;  work your decreases in 3 stitches so that the edge stitches are never interrupted with an increase or decrease-this works for hand knitters, too!
 Unblocked but beautiful, if I do say so myself!
No puckering on the v-neck this time!
I am leaving a 6" vent on each side seam just to give a bit of style to an otherwise basic knit.
I used LionBrand WoolEase yarn, worsted weight, 6 skeins
All knitting took place on my LK150.

I will block the sweater today and let it dry while I work on the top to the fancy dress!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I did my first invisible seam with mattress stitch on Rowan's scrunchie! Once I got the hang of it, it worked so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And that mattress stitchh is amazing. The first time I used it I couldn't believe that it really WAS invisible.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! I have to say it is so funny because that is the exact same yarn I made Dad's last sweater with that I still wear and you are quilting with the material he used on his last quilt. Every time I see your posts I get to relive such happy memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...