Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Savor the Season

 I'm working on the last mermaid;
she will join the others and then I will need to plan the quilt she will live in!
 I searched for variegated threads and found two kinds;
one twice the price of the other (DMC)
the other cheaper  (JPCoats) 
but there is a sheen on the more expensive that is lacking on the latter.
It wouldn't matter in something like this embroidery quilt
but perhaps mixing the two on the same piece of cross stitch
wouldn't be the best decision.
And on the knitting front, I have turned the heel 
and am about 3" into the leg of the second toe-up sock for Bill.
I am finally caught up all of the way-I thought I was doing better 
until I thought of several things that needed attention so I have quieted all of the
voices of the 'to-do' sirens and will now savor the season!

7 comments:

  1. Savor the Season - I really like that! Good advice for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That variegated floss is so much fun. I have some but have not really put it to good use. Those "to-do" gremlins are keeping me up at night. Why does everyone wait until the last minute to say what they would like as a gift? Non-knitters don't get that it takes ages to make things. Jeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even your last mermaid is savoring the drink in her cup. Enjoy stitching, knitting, and looking at the Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice when those to-do sirens finally go off! I finished the last of my wrapping yesterday - all I have left is baking, which I'll do on Christmas eve day (just pies this year - not going crazy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read your title and then saw the mermaid, I immediately thought she was savoring the season by drinking some tea! :-) We've been very relaxed here this December since we celebrated with our kids at Thanksgiving. I've just had a few odds and ends for friends since then. Two gifts to wrap and I'm done...and that doesn't need doing until a gift exchange in January.
    I finished a sock and turned the heel in the second one last night. It's such a good feeling to finish a heel isn't it?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have gifts to buy, but they are mostly gift cards, so it's just a case of get out there and get them. Oh, and stocking stuffers. Which take more effort than the gifts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never cared much for the J. P. Coats floss. I think it drags through the fabric and doesn't seem to be as colorfast.

    Little mermaid is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...