Friday, June 12, 2020

Because It's Colorful!


Continuing my latest bend to finish old ideas....
I found a small pile of these four patches and added a few more 
so there was a quilt's worth.
I am going to add thin sashing to highlight the blocks and keep the colors distinct.
This is not the final layout-I have only begun rearranging them! lol
Bill and I spent some time in the car yesterday-
the colors of the blue, gray and orange really called to me.
Perhaps you will see it on canvas soon!
While in the car, I did some knitting,
starting this shawl, 
in some handspun that was a shawl in a past life, too.
I am enjoying knitting the leaf motif over and over.
Short rows will fill in the curve by picking up the stitches 
from one side of this long strip.

10 comments:

  1. Pretty colors in each picture! The border of Ashby is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new quilt top. It's so cheerful. I was just very bad over at Missouri Star and now I have something to look forward to but sadly something to add to my ever growing pile that will never get done. Lol....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely textures and colors in that water/sky photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 patches are so cute and versatile! And wow, your treasures are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like "someone" was getting quite a downpour in your sky photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ❤️ the bright colors! Your plan for the four patches sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that brightly colors quilt. It's so HaPpY. That photo of the sky is really amazing. What glorious beauty God paints in His world.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful water scene! I love leaf motif knitting . I 'll be interested in seeing it through

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still get an anxiety attack every time I read that I have to do short rows, I am really bad with them. Love the beautiful water photo. Have fun with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

BLUE SKIES, BLUE WAVES

We were in St Augustine yesterday for an appointment for Bill and when we arrived, the receptionist informed us that the doctor (surgeon) ha...