Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Pretties Outside and Inside!

 The other blue gazing ball in among the hostas... 
...but look at the base;
it is heavy marble.
Bill brought it home from a yard sale-
I recognized it right away as an urn for ashes!
There was no lid with it, unfortunately but no ashes, gratefully.
It makes a nice heavy base for the ball now.
 I am working on a project that has been on the design wall for quite a while.
The hibiscus bloom is open now 
and ready for the rest of the flowers to go on a table runner.
I also need some green batik for the leaves.
I am getting quite a list for JoAnn's--I finished the Sparkly Stars top but need a backing for it-
that's three tops that need backings now!
 And today I began a new shawl in handspun Mashom wool, a long wool.
I am knitting it into another Geology Shawl by VeryBusyMonkey.
I've knit several of them but they are just a nice size and drape to stay on 
when wearing a sleeveless dress at church!  Gotta love that A/C!

7 comments:

  1. That urn is just too funny! It does make a perfect stand. It will be a real conversation piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous yarn colors! It will make a beautiful shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All pretty projects, but I am intrigued with the Hibiscus one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That urn was repurposed beautifully.

    That is the one crazy (well, ONE of the crazy) things about Florida. You are outside sweating to death and then you go in a store or restaurant and just about freeze. You need two wardrobes just to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The urn is surprising but perfect for a base. I like your new shawl too. I feel the same and always carry a shawl it church in the summer. I wonder if I'll even be attending at all this summer?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. an urn. THat's pretty funny and functional! I love that shawl shape , I will have to find the pattern and put it on my list!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...