Sunday, June 14, 2020

Socks and Spinning


There was a bit of a mix-up with getting my medicine so I didn't get a day as planned
yesterday but  had a recliner day instead;  
Lena didn't mind at all!
Look what I am spinning now!
Linen.
Flax is the plant and linen is what you get when you've spun the fiber,
I know it has a reputation of a difficult fiber
but I find it very pleasant.
It's not wool but it is a very good spin!
There is a lot of 'lint' as you spin so I don't do it too long. (30 mins each morning)
I pull off and loosen a yard long piece of the roving and then spin that each time.
Very relaxing.
 
        And a finish!  The Hermione Socks are completed!
Look at that texture!
I used Regia yarn in the Native Color, 64 stitches, on #2.5 needles.

7 comments:

  1. I watched a show where they showed how they used to get the linen out of the flax (I imagine isn't a more mechanized process now). It's pretty amazing that it's a plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first looked at the photo, I thought you were spinning HAIR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The closeup shows the stitch texture well - nice. I hope the medication mixup has been solved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linen? Wow....that is a challenge. I've got some cotton I'm working on here and it's taken me forever just to get a small ball. My dream of weaving with it went right out the window...lol. I just don't have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are just beautiful; however, the photo of the cat is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lena does look very content. :-). Your projects are great. I've never spun flax but it sure looks beautiful and your socks turned out great too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh. Those recliner days are so long aren't they? Your Lena is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

EPIDENDRUM

The view outside my studio patio doors--the very large area of epidendrum! In common flower vernacular, it is a ground orchid.   The slighte...