Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Wednesday's Weeds

 We have another baby pineapple!
This plant has given us one for several years in a row now.
The race is on to get it when it is mature before the squirrels!
 The cana lilies are happy with the daily afternoon rains!
Summer is officially here.
Hot and humid is here to stay.
 The pagoda plant loves the weather-these plants are as tall as I am;
the blooms are short now, 8" but will grow to be a full 12" in no time!
 The bougainvillea is growing and blooming and will soon be several feet up the arch we gave it!
 I love to stand at the base of our tallest 'weeds'!
This is a cabbage palm;  the least of all of the palm trees here but the ones that are the most common.
Beauty is its own standard.

9 comments:

  1. I think those cabbage palms are very pretty and the Pagoda plant! Never heard of that, but love it. Mostly though I love your pineapple. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have a pineapple growing! Can it be covered with deer netting to keep the squirrels away? I have to keep my tomatoes netted or the deer would have eaten them by now. They've already got half of my backyard hostas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blooms! The pineapple is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, the baby pineapple is so cute. Sure hope the squirrels don’t get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pineapple is so cute and I hope you win the contest with the squirrels. Your plants are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute little pineapple. A POSSUM got my one and only.

    We had a cabbage palm at our first house. It was so small when we moved in. Eleven years later it was up over the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to have a little pineapple like that. I always thought a palm tree was a palm tree, but I guess there are more varieties than I knew.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pineapple success is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely "weeds" you have!! I love bougainvillea, so pretty, will be looking forward to pics of it covering the arch xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...