Friday, September 30, 2022

SAFELY THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE!

I must say that Wednesday night was very eventful when the storm woke me up with the first of the power outages, roaring winds which made noises in the attic like a ghost movie and flying debris would hit the roof or the side of the house.
By 8pm last night, the temperatures have dropped to 63F and the rain has finally stopped.  The winds are still playful at 20mph which is nothing like the previous 18 hours!  How grateful I am not to have any major damage to house or yard.  I will be heading out on the golf cart today to survey the pond area!
What did I do through the hurricane--I KNITTED!  The power went off about twice an hour so the lights, clocks and microwave were always blinking! lol  I didn't want to have try to sew or use the quilting frame under those conditions!   The hats on the left are with worsted weight yarn fitting 5-9 years old and the other 5 are with DK weight which will fit NB to 3 months.  
The hats are so cute, fun to make and a real stash buster!  
 

5 comments:

  1. Love those hats!
    Now it's our turn under Ian. I got a coastal flood warning this morning. I just hope the winds aren't too bad. A neighbor had a tree demolish their house a few days ago and I've been walking around here in terror ever since. The damage was horrific. I don't know how they survived it. Darn trees. We've had nothing but headaches from them since we moved here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that would just be so scary!!!!! I am glad you are all good!! and Hats got made!! Heres to limited damage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great collection of hats. I'm glad you guys came out unscathed. Some of those pictures on the news are wild

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad you were able to weather the storm with hopefully minimal damage. Love the hats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are safely through. I haven't heard of any damage in Daytona, so hopefully our condo was water tight and no issues. I looked at those knitters and I'm so tempted, but with my new quilting frame coming Tuesday, I don't need another distraction! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...