Monday, August 12, 2019

Afloat!

 My baby sister took me out on the Oswego River to learn how to kayak!!!
Bucket list -- check!
 We loaded up in the afternoon and went just down the road to the boat launch.
Where I managed to get in and launched without incident!
 I was surprised by how wet I got! lol
My sister led the way and kindly waited for me to keep up!
 The river was very shallow along a big curve and was so pretty!  
There were even little shells along the bottom!
The weather was warm and NOT HUMID so it was perfect to be out on the water!
I am a kayaker!
I might be sore later on, but I did it!
I can't wait for Bill's arm to heal so we can go out together when I get home!

9 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun!!! I see people on the Bay doing that but I'm too chicken to get out in that water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I don't like the idea of kayaks (feeling trapped and all that). glad you had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!!

    WHEN you kayak in Florida, you HAVE to do Lofton Creek on Amelia Island. It is a wonderful place to paddle.

    And if you get brave ----do the kayak tour from downtown Fernandina over to Cumberland Island. It's challenging, but a fabulous way to see the area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting in and out is definitely the most challenging part. Congratulations on now being a 'Yaker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Kayaking always looks so peaceful to me. Good for your sister teaching you.
    My husband wants to get a kayak for us, but since I don't know how to swim, it terrifies me. Even with a life jacket on. I feel bad for keeping him down and tell him often to get one and I'll watch him paddle. :-)
    Blessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Kayaking does look like fun, but because I don't know how to swim I doubt I'll ever try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I've always wanted to try kayaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun!!! Hope your visit continues to be full of family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...