Saturday, August 24, 2019

Linen at Last

 A Sleeve out of Lindy, a linen yarn from KnitPicks..
I like to start with the sleeve for a lot of reasons-it is smaller 
and like a gauge swatch (which I did first!) it gives very good information
 in a smaller piece than a back or front!
I fell in love with a pattern from Machine Monthly Magazine 
and decided to use the hem detail on my own custom pattern!
 And then there were two!  
And they matched exactly!
I'm learning!
This isn't blocked yet so it is a bit wonky-linen yarn yields a funny fabric until it is washed and dried.
But the detail is very pretty and it took as long to do those 15 rows as it did the rest of the sleeve!
This is only elbow length which is the length I will use most of the year!
I am onto the front now--stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. linen might look a bit wonky after knitting - but I am sure it's perfect for your warm weather!! happy knitting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just amazing! It must be so much fun to know you'll have a finished garment so quickly. It would take me years to finish a sweater like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. That color is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful color for a fall sweater and the edging is beautiful. It's unreal to me how fast a sweater comes together when you machine knit. So much fun!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this yarn a lot. The bottom is just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that is lovely. The bottom edge adds a nice touch to the stockinette stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, can't wait to see the finish, and with your lightning quick machine knitting I bet I don't wait long. And love the machine and hand sewing projects, I am itching to get to my machine today, but I don't even know what to work on!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...