Sunday, August 18, 2019

Soap Happened!

 I made some soap yesterday-something I haven't done in a long time!
Bill's brand, patchouli, is on the left and mine, lavender, on the right!
I will make another of peppermint early this week;  
the whole family will enjoy the results of my labors!
It took me longer to organize and mix this batch
but everything went together pretty smoothly considering! 
 Next on the Saturday Savor list was to piece a backing for the Christmas quilt made in July;
I used some of the leftover blocks that weren't quite right for the front.
 Then I loaded it up and stitched a few rows to anchor it.
 Then the next item on the list to savor was to re-knit the purple socks;
yup, I ripped them out while in NY because I found too many mistakes.
I tried to rush it to take it with my on my trip and I should've waited and not hurried!
I've got it this time.
It is coming along and I will be able to finish it soon!

Off to church--have a good day!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I can just smell those heavenly, creamy bars! I love patchouli but no one else I know does. I think several of my new fall scents are patchouli based so they'll have to get over that. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, soap! I've always wanted to make soap! well, I've made soap for the washing machine, but not bars of soap... Your Christmas quilt turned out beautifully! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it has been a long time since you’ve soaped — fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made soap but find the process fascinating. Yours sounds lovely. And I really like that Christmas quilt. So pretty.
    We went to church at the lake today. They hold a non-denomination service every Sunday morning from Memorial Day to Labor Day. We like to attend 2-3 times a year to support them. Sometimes it's hard to leave our responsibilities of our home church, but we really enjoy it. There's something about worshiping our Creator while outside watching the geese fly, (it's really early for that, but they ARE flying south already.)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for soap, sleeves, laundry, socks and quilting!! We are finally home after our weekend away and I have too much coming this week to rest, but I will try to snatch sewing time before I take off Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had quite a productive day and all BEFORE church! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...