Monday, August 5, 2019

Close

 This is the bridge over the St Johns River which we cross on the way to church yesterday.
The river was crowded with boats because the shrimp are running!
There's nothing like fresh shrimp-as long as I don't have to  'clean' them!
 I am close to finishing the machine knit sweater-made to copy my favorite t-shirt;
I haven't tried it on yet but it looks like the right size!  
I will cast off the neck rib and block it today! 
Here is the CloseToYou shawl that I am knitting on-we have finally made friends 
and even the color change is not a big deal anymore--i
f only I can count rows better, I won't have wings of different sizes!

8 comments:

  1. When I saw all of the small boats on the river on Friday/Saturday, I wondered if it was shrimping season. Now I know! Knits are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would love the fresh shrimp (but, like you, I'd rather have someone else clean them!). nice progress on the shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl is gorgeous!!
    The best thing I ever ate was some shrimp creole down in New Orleans at Pat O'Brien's. You know those shrimp were right out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The T-shirt sweater will be comfy to wear. My landlocked area rarely offers fresh seafood - sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever had fresh shrimp - mine come frozen in a bag, already cleaned!

    The shawl it looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shrimp, yum! Love that shawl. Sorry to be such a tardy blogger.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shrimp but like you, detest cleaning it. The river does look like a busy place.
    Your shawl and tee shirt sweater are both lovely.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ate as much shrimp as I could when we were down there! I never turn down shrimp! Can't wait to see the T-shirt knit and the shawl is already lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...