Saturday, August 31, 2019

Finishes

 Succulent heart embroidery is now in pillow form!
The design is from Emblibary called For the Love of Succulents.
I rearranged all of the colors from the original to suit my fancy.
 The partially worked scrap quilt  from my Mom (but not made by her) is made into a top now.
If the storm doesn't knock out power, I will be loading it up on the frame today.
It does have a few wonky spots that will need easing in so I can quilt it without wrinkles
which will make a challenge but I am hoping for the best!
I put the neck rib on the sweater in the same k3, p1 rib as the cuffs and body hem.
I hope it is long enough.  
Granddaughter # 3 is long as well as tall!
If it isn't, I will add rib in the lighter grey like the neck rib.
I might just do that anyway now that I write this-long is always better than short!

Hurricane Dorian Update
Outside, we are continuing to prepare the house and yard for Dorian--
everything that could be  a missile is moved into the garage, 
hanging pots and all of the porch plants are moved up close to the house.
All lawn furniture and lanai chairs are hauled away 
and the plants there are moved up close to the house.
I will have to remember to remove the wind chimes from outside of my bedroom 
which I  didn't removed until 3 am during Irma and it wasn't pretty!  
Every day I see something else that I hadn't noticed which needs removing or securing.
I am trying not to think about putting it all back next week yet, either!
Inside, the laundry is caught up and the pantry is stocked-
even the cats' food is aplenty!
There is easy access to burgers,
taco fixings and hotdogs.
The grill has a back-up propane tank in case we can use that in between bands of rain.

8 comments:

  1. I hope Dorian keeps moving back out to sea. We don't need that mess up here either! I still haven't cleaned up all the trees from the tree purge and the ones that have fallen all on their own since. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got the storm prep under control. Love all your recent projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are ready and thankfully, *maybe* the storm IS heading out to sea. I send you all good, storm-free wishes.

    The projects look great. That pillow is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are all ready for the storm and hoping it avoid you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pillow is lovely and the top looks cute!
    Hope the storm isnt' too damaging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful pillow. I love it! The quilt and sweater are very nice too. You are so productive. I hope Dorian completely misses you and heads back out to sea but it does sound as though you are as prepared as possible. Stay safe.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pillow, it's just gorgeous! Stay safe!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you luck as that monster approaches. We are pretty much in the clear here but you might get a lot of wind and rain. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...