Friday, August 16, 2019

Feline Friday

 Nyki is glad to have me home....
 Isn't this beautiful?
My Mom knit this sweater and says her knitting for herself is cursed!
The body of the sweater is beautiful but the sleeves were way off gauge!
(This is why I like schematics and not written out instructions alone=if you knit for 100 rows
and your gauge is spot on-wonderful
 but if not, you get 3/4 length sleeves or worse-the orangutan ones! 
 See what I mean-too beautiful!
I will knit the sleeves for her and give it a blocking--
I rescued it out of her 'naughty bucket'!
It's the least I could do because she finished enough of my started projects when I was young!
This is the yarn-I will look forward to starting the first sleeve today!

9 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful sweater. It's so nice you can save it for her. I feel her pain with sleeves. Either you nail them or you don't. Usually I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty. Pretty kitty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely beautiful knitting. I love that you rescued it from the naughty bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sweater in a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother's knitting is beautiful! Definitely worth rescuing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure your kitty was very happy to have you home. It's so sweet of you to rescue your Mom's knitting and fix the sleeves. They can definitely be frustrating. The sweater is beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it nice to be missed!! Glad you made it back safely and ooh such a gorgeous sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nyki is gorgeous. Your mom is so lucky you will help her out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice thing to do for your mom. That sweater NEEDS to be worn. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...