Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Life has Curving Paths

 Ahhhh, a rose is such a wonderful pit stop every time I took a wander around the yard!
 But in the same way that every flower might hold a bit of a pest,
 we had a bit of a wrinkle in our trip!
I don't know if you can read the name tags we are wearing
but they are hospital visitor tags!
 My Dad had a spell and we rushed him to the hospital.
I'm glad to say that there are no lasting symptoms
and after a barrage of tests he came home with a passing grade on his health!
In fact, the doctors are amazed at how healthy he is at 86!
We would've liked to have what we already knew,
verified in a very different way!
I learned something else I already knew,
we are a very close family that works well together
even in a crisis.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Pause for a grateful prayer here!
~~~~~~~~~~~

 My Dad has grown dahlias every year for as long as I can remember-
 the sedum is getting ready to bloom,
 I was able to enjoy the last blooms of the clematis,
 and to eat fresh vegetables in the 'varmint-free' garden!
It is wonderful to have wildlife in view so often
but it isn't as much fun to share the garden with them!
Mom and I were able to do a bit of cutting and sewing for a table runner
I think we covered a lot of ground this week;
the best time of all was all of the shared space--
what a gift.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about that little bump - glad your Dad is ok. Also glad you were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your Dad is ok.
    Those Japanese beetles are the worst - I squish them left and right - they just destroy the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you were there to help your parents through the health scare. I know they appreciated your support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so glad that your Dad is okay. I'm glad you were there with them. I have enjoyed your photos of home this week. It's evident how much you love it and your family.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending good wishes to your dad. Hope he is feeling better.

    (Don't tell him his rose had a Japanese Beetle. That will make him feel awful..................I know. We have them too. Ugly little buggers that feel like they have to munch on every bloom.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...