Sunday, August 4, 2019

Head, Shoulders and Toes

 I wanted to make this pillow for a friend for some time and now was the time!
Machine embroidered on canvas with polyester thread, 16" pillow cover.
 I like to put a zipper in the back with a flap to hide it down low on the back.
 I also cut and applied the binding on the first candy colored lap quilt, 40" x 54".
 I remembered to add my little label, too.  
It even went right into the laundry so it is all wrinkled properly to go into the donation pile!
And the sweater components are completed and I am sewing the together.
So, of course, I started another sock tube!
(and then I dropped a stitch and it went poorly from there....
it isn't as easy to rescue dropped stitches on the machine 
SO
I put it on circulars and then fixed the two dropped stitches 
and now I can put it back on the needles to keep on going!)

7 comments:

  1. Your pillow looks like a professional made it. I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice gift pillow.

    Glad you were able to catch the dropped stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) the lap quilt could be used for knees too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow is amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the quilt and pillow! You are one talented person. Binding is my nemesis. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You get so much done in a day that it always amazes me. The quilt is beautiful and your friend is lucky indeed to get such a nice pillow.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...