Friday, August 23, 2019

First Work Then Play

 
 This scrap blanket came from our treasure digging while in NY.
 Look at this-it is all hand sewn with sewing thread doubled in the needle;
each intersection is carefully backstitched!  Which made it more difficult for me to take some of the 
extra blocks and stitch them in a long row to add to each side so the top
would be big enough for a lap robe!
I love looking at the squares in the finished top-what an encyclopedia of its time!

Nyki gave her stamp of approval as soon as I folded it on the sewing table!
I even started stitching the other quilt out of these fabrics!
Only ten more to go!
It's nice to get to play with all of the fabric pieces!

4 comments:

  1. That scrap blanket is amazing!!!! We made so many of those when we were kids. I wish we had kept them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Nyki has claimed that one for herself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hand-stitching looks so even and sturdy. Do you know who stitched it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...