Thursday, August 15, 2019

Flapping My Wings


First thing in the morning, Mom and I  tackled a new face lift for this old rocker!
We bought the fabric last week and finally got down the list of projects to sew it!
 Now it is all ready for company!
Sadly, I a saying goodbye for a while....
it is the hardest thing to do.
 I did this for most seven hours later yesterday!
But I did manage to knit 5" on the Close to You shawl!
I had a longer layover and I was able to knit on the first flight this time.
I will be home in time to head to the doctors with Bill-
stitches out and all of the bandages off;
welcome home to me!

7 comments:

  1. You had such a nice visit!! Welcome back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your flights were good. I'll bet it feels great to sleep in your own bed tonight AND Bill will be happy for no more stitches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! It's so hard to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you imagine how frustrating a long layover would be without a knitting project or two handy! Glad you had a nice visit with your parents. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good visit, looks like it was busy and a bit upsetting, but all turn out well in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your flights went smoothly and you're now home with Bill. Goodbyes are so difficult and the older I get, I'm finding the harder they are. I know that your parents were so glad to have you there with them.
    The chair transformation looks lovely. I love the color. :-)
    I'm also praying all went well at the doctor visit.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a safe flight home! And yay for getting stitches out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A WOOD BUMP

I called dibs on a burl on a tree at church.  When I saw that someone had removed it (half was rotten and it wasn't safe anymore) I remi...