Tuesday, March 3, 2020

A Story to Tell

 I felt so well yesterday, I even went to quilting for a little bit!
I didn't bring sewing with me but I did bring scraps 
and the Accuquilt cutter to get ready to make a quilt top.
Our group is making a bunch of quilts to donate to the county police to be used 
specifically for when they get a call to a domestic violence situation. 
 Since that is something that has affected my family, of course , I wanted to participate!
 While digging through the stash to find some children's fabrics, I found this very old fabric.
It is only 32" wide and a much looser weave than we would find today!
 Here is one that is many decades newer but still
 many decades old!  Monkeys have always been good for children's fabrics, I guess!
 This one is decades old;  see the children at play?
While this one is a new fabric printed to look old!
It was fun to dig through my own little department store!

8 comments:

  1. Your stash is amazing!!! Since Dad passed all I have are Connecting Threads collections. He was the fabric shopper in the family. I really miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My own little department store" - LOL - love that. Fun fabrics too. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun project to do — kid-geared quilts are always fun to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you’re feeling better and well enough to venture out. The fabrics are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one with the children playing with balls reminds me of my old readers from first grade --- Tip and Mitten.

    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was rooting around for backing fabric and resisted some older, but still new, purchases. With it being in drawers, you forget what you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful cause. Love all the fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun, fun fabrics. I'm glad you're feeling better.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...