Sunday, March 22, 2020

COVID-19 Science Fiction Meets Real Life

I have been very sick this week--the first few days are a blur.
Thursday Bill dragged me to Urgent Care for a flu swab which was negative.

Today, I'm doing something I have never done before;  
going to a designated health department site for testing to see if I have this novel Corona  virus.

It is like a science fiction movie except I am in it instead of watching it!

Bill can drive me there--grateful for that--but he can't get out of the vehicle.

I have to approach the locked door with nothing in hand
but my ID card (licence in my case).

Outside the door, I must don a mask and utilize the hand sanitizer,
show my ID through the window and then will be allowed entry.

Each patient is the ONLY one at the premises at a time-no lines-no spreading of this virus.

I will submit to a nasal swab and then immediately leave.

I have 15 minutes allotted to me to fulfill these instructions.

I will receive a call with the results and until then, remain in my home.

This is not for whimps, people!

Later.

8 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope it's negative and some rest will see you right as rain! Sending good vibes your way, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that your test is negative and that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you and for Bill that the test is negative and all goes according to plan with the testing. I will keep on praying until we hear from you again my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no, I so hope the test will be negative:( crossing our fingers that you'll be ok - and will be better again soon!
    best wishes
    Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for you!!!!!!!! Lets hope the test is negative! ! And Bill stays well too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw this post - hoping and praying you are ok and no Covid-19.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...