Monday, March 23, 2020

Fact from Fiction

For the first time in a week, 
I could pick up knitting needles and make some stitches!
Albeit garter stitches--like when you first learn how to knit.
I couldn't handle too much more than this--
 I am using some different colors of handspun Shetland I pulled from the shelf
 in my room; I didn't have to take more than a step to look for it.
Another good point in  the choice of a project.
 And you can't go wrong with one of Joji's patterns.
I am still running a fever but improving because I am feeling antsy.
The knitting will help with that for now.


Health Update:

I went to have the 'nasal swab' for COVID-19 test from my DOH.
I  had a nasal swab on Thursday for the flu-
this test is similar except that it extends beyond  your nasal passage into your brain!
I burned for over an hour afterwards.
Just add it to the pile.
I do have to wait 24-48 hours for results.

Contrary to the false information you might be hearing or ignoring-
this illness begins with a fever, sore throat, headache, fatigue and a mild, dry cough.
I was told too many times that if I could breathe with ease, 
I didn't have anything to worry about.
(I will be calling these professionals to correct their pat answers.)

I was told I had to have been traveling or exposed to someone before I would be tested.
Not true.
You are contagious 1-2 weeks before you exhibit symptoms.
This is why it is so easy to spread.

In my state, more than half of the cases are from people like me
with no idea of who, where or when they caught this.

That's all for now-
I have weeks before I can leave the house
and the same goes for my dear husband , the nurse!




9 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling a little bit better. Take care. That's a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you sound as if you are improving. Thanks for the good information. Keep healthy now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not great to be stuck - but at least you're feeling a bit better! surely that's a good sign - speedy recovery for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel a bit better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so glad to hear that you're a bit better today. I'm praying that will continue every day.
    We have been so frustrated by all of the differing accounts of "symptoms". We know a couple who were on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan who were in the hospital 31 days. They never even had fevers that they know of. They said their room got warm one night but they just thought the AC wasn't working properly. No big deal. He ended up with pneumonia. Everyone seems to be presenting differently and no one has all, or the same, symptoms. I think many more people have it than we know because their symptoms are so mild.
    I'm SO very glad you got the test. Take care my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I have been reading your blog for a year or so, I seldom comment. First, I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery! Second, thank you so much for sharing information with your readers. There is so much information that is contradictory and it is hard to know what to believe. I hope you will continue to do updates and let us know how you are being treated if your test is positive. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are better, stay well so you can knit that gorgeous shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your personal experience. It is factual and interesting! Get better! i love your knit and need to look into Joji patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...