Thursday, March 5, 2020

Playing with Threads

 After numerous attempts, I have worked the numbers for all of the different types of filet crochet used in this pattern--kind of like those math problems where you have to find all of the factors of a number! lol    (24 would have factors of 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 12 for example)
You have to use this kind of information when you are quilting, too, so all of the different geometric shapes must fit together in the same measurements! 
 ( a 12: square could be made of 6" or 4", 3" or 2"!)  
Practical math rocks!
 I added the gusset on the second sock, turned the heel and even started up the leg!  
I am sorry to say I haven't enjoyed making this sock because of the traveling stitches.
I am in the mood to knit a plain sock ---stay tuned;  I will have one on the needles soon!
 I also wasted a lot of time trying to make the linen stitch and while it was finally executed correctly but still didn't result in the look I was after.
I will have to give it a try with scraps--I thought of an idea
 to use up all of those scraps of dish cloth yarn!
'Look what Bill spotted at the pond/swamp out back!!!!
I can't wait to see them , too!
(Sandhill Cranes and child!  (new-it is very new!)

8 comments:

  1. Math certainly does rock. I am always surprised at how much you need to use it if you are the crafty type. Your sock is looking good. I can't wait to see the crochet in progress. That pattern is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crochet looks gorgeous already. It's amazing how often math comes into play daily, isn't it? Good thing I enjoy it - lol. Sandhill Cranes! Hope you can get more pics of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet baby crane! I hope you’ll be able to snap more photos as it grows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a lot on the go.
    Love those cranes. I hope to see more of them and their cute little family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to hate math, especially algebra in school because it never made any practical sense. Then, my dear husband showed me that I use algebra every day in cooking, crafting and sewing. And it made sense! I think they really should try to teach it using practical methods.
    Your crochet is looking great. I'm making a blanket for a friend now, but I really want to do some thread crochet soon.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the cotton scraps. I have a bin chock full of tiny balls of cotton that I want to use for "something". I can't just throw them in the trash.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore sand hill babies. It is amazing how quickly they grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that photo of the sand hill cranes! The first one we ever saw was in WI; I suppose they were on their way somewhere else. It was fun seeing all the projects you have going on. I didn't know for some reason that you also crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A baby sand hill crane! Wow! So sweet. I have never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...