Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Test Results!

So thank you for the prayers and well wishes
while I have been so sick for the last 10 days;
the test for the COVID-19 came back negative
which is wonderful but leaves me feeling in a bit of a conundrum.
What have I been dealing with?
Not Strep, Not Flu, Not Covid....
Oh, great, there is another virus out there waiting to pounce
which is also pretty miserable in every way but not fatal!
My medical advice is to
 1. wait out the fever by several days and resume normal life
2. go back to my Primary Care Dr for redirection
3.  take another COVID-19 test if I am still sick in another week
I am going to go with door 1 !
 I managed to finish the gusset, 
turn the heel, work the ankle
and then begin the k3, p1 rib up the leg!
 the only place where pooling appeared is at the ankle
but as you can see, it quickly corrected itself when the stitch count returned to 64 stitches!
 The heel is nicely patterned on the back, too.
I took copious notes because, let's face it, I (we) won't remember 
exactly what we did at which stitch number if it isn't written down!
And while working on sitting up today instead of lounging in bed most of the day,
I changed up my activities to some spinning which I haven't done in a long time.
This is the Polworth roving which I am loving as far as spinning ease and softness delights....
it's just a bit boring to spin the same color for miles!  Poor me!

10 comments:

  1. That is crazy. Daughter's friend had the same thing happen. Negative but no explanation of what else it might be. I hope we are not dealing with defective test kits. There were reports of that early on.
    The sock looks great. You've got a lot done for not feeling well. I hear you about spinning the same color. I've got that white California Red on one wheel and really need to card more but I just can't work up the enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many stories of people having a strange, flu like illness but testing negative for flu back in December and January before CV hit the news. Our friend has tested negative for everything but they won't test for CV because he doesn't hit the markers on travel and known exposure. He is finally getting better, just dealing with the lingering cough. Hope your stamina returns!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a good result. I do hope it is accurate. The sock looks great. Take care and take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might have a mutation of the virus or a faulty test result. Love the sock and the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the mystery bug doesn't last too long. You've made great progress on the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What will the Polworth yarn become when you are done spinning?

    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope that the test wasn't a false negative and that you're soon truly on the path to feeling yourself again. So many strange virus' out there right now.
    Don't overdue but have fun with your socks and roving. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad your test result was negative! It sounds as though you are improving daily (even if not as fast as you would prefer). I am amazed at your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great news! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your feeling lots better now. Our nephew's daughter arrived home from college and felt sick the next day, and thankfully her test was negative also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...