Monday, March 9, 2020

Yes, A Finished Sweater!

 The second try on the neckline ribbing was the charm;
-the needles I chose for the first attempt was too small and it made the fabric gather!
This is a custom fit sweater that is just right in every measurement for me!
I used Stroll sock yarn from KnitPicks, machine knit completely on the LK150 machine 
except for the neck ribbing.  Perfection!
See how I used the centered double decrease to give me a sweet line in my V-neck?
It's the perfect weight sweater for us here in Florida!  It's gonna be my go-to sweater!
The only other creative endeavor has been to bind this quilt for our group-everyone is bringing in such sweet quilts for the police officers to have for children caught in the middle of domestic
violence.  I will be high lighting more of the wonderful quilts that come in!  The quilt had hardly hit the floor and Lena was modeling for me!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater is just great! It's just the kind I love to throw on when it's chilly out. It looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is a perfect go-to piece.

    The quilt is adorable. Some little one is going to find comfort in those sweet pandas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater turned out beautifully. I like the v-neck finishing.
    Thank you for making quilts for the little ones. They are often in such terrifying circumstancs through no fault of their own. Having something like this quilt gives them an anchor to hold on to. Can you tell it's a passion of mine?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never have the patience to do a sweater in sock yarn but the machine is a perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another sweater? You are super productive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous finish! Looking forward to seeing more quilts for little ones. I know the fabric hugs will comfort them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Sweater .I Like... the finished Ribbing. !
    That Panda quilt is so adorable. So so sweet. Thank you for this kindness that shows love for little ones in jeopardy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...