Sunday, March 15, 2020

A Good Knit

I haven't done well at the knitting machine lately
but things went well today.
Well enough to have a double sided hat done perfectly in just a few hours!
I added a purl row at the half way row so that the hat had a good turning ridge;
it worked out beautifully.
Nice for a change!
This is the yarn-a single strand of chunky yarn that is soft and pliable
so that the hat still has drape even though it is double layered.
I also managed to put the binding on this one.
I worked at the frame for a while but I didn't last too long.
It will wait for me until Monday.
And I ripped out two shawls that I never wear 
but would like to use the yarn for something that will get some use!
One for a hat from the green superwash
and the Shetland will become another shawl with this additional skein of the same fiber.

What did you work on yesterday?!

7 comments:

  1. That hat is just perfect! Double knit hats are the best. I split wood all day yesterday and then was too tired to do anything but nap. Thank goodness we have all that wood to keep The Mister busy. It's only been a few days of isolation and he's driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat is very pretty and I'm guessing it will be quite warm.

    I worked on .............ah, I remember ... socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday was a pretty lazy day for me. I finished up a bear, but that was about it.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice hat! I didn’t knit yesterday, as I went to a birthday party (one year) for my great-great nephew. Fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful hat. I think the yarn will make a pretty shawl. Yesterday I finished a crocheted doily. I need to press it and another I finished last week so I can take a photo for my blog. Hopefully by tomorrow.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are getting things done!! Which shawl pattern are you using for the reclaimed yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like to rip out a project but when it is done and you have "new" yarn again it is exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...