Friday, March 27, 2020

Spin and Ply

 
 I  do the best for the first few hours of the day;
after lunch the fever rises and makes upright impossible.
I plied  the four ounces off the bobbins without too much trouble.
 It is nice to see the ease of spinning the singles carried over to plying.
 355 yards of yarn is the result.
I have 2 more ounces to spin and I will be done with this Polworth fiber.
But the knitting will be wonderful-this fiber is that soft and lofty.
Look at what my orchid is doing!
It is a bit behind it's usual bloom time which is February 
but I will be happy to see them again no matter when it does so!

7 comments:

  1. I have never seen plying before - that is cool! I hope you heal fast!! I wish I was a doctor so I could know what to tell you to do ;-( Hugs ( safe long distance ones)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a LOT of good looking buds. Mine bloomed, but it was off an old stem, so while they are pretty there aren't a whole lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are still not feeling 100%. Lovely buds on your orchid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, the yarn does look soft. I’m sure the orchid will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're able to still get a few things done during the day. Fevers are the worst.
    I started getting a cough yesterday... hoping its just a cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that you're still not well. This is hanging on a long time. Too long. Your plying looks great and I would love to knit with that yarn. It looks so soft.
    I'm praying for you my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are able to function in the morning. Your yarn looks so soft and it will be interesting to see what it becomes. Hope your periods of feeling function increase and the fever disappears completely. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...