Tuesday, January 4, 2022

MOUNTAIN OF A MONDAY

Off to quilting group--I cut out `10 scraps of blue apple core block for this lap sized top. I eft there in time to head in top pick up my prescriptions which weren't ready so I headed home.  I did a bit of cleaning and then finished the bowl on the lathe and signed it--and this evening It has been delivered to its new owner!

After Ladies' Bible study at church, I did a little bit of winding down with a sketch/painting of another moon gate.  I'm ready to draw and paint the real ones on good watercolor paper now!

And today I hope to start sewing the apple core blocks together and start another project on the lathe!
 

7 comments:

  1. A busy and full day! I've never heard of "Moon Gates" before - interesting. Have fun creating and making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy day! Your sketch is lovely. Being stuck inside with the snow I did go down and start to clean up the craft room that has all my paints. It's been the room I've been putting all the stuff I am going to donate so I still can't just sit and putter with my watercolors yet but it's getting close. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Applecore quilts are interesting. I’ve never made one because of the cutting, but your die did a great job much faster than I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly had a busy day didn't you? Lots got accomplished too. I'm sure the recipient of the bowl absolutely loved it. And your sketch is so pretty. It amazes me that someone, (you) can just sit down and draw something like that. Stick figures are my go to! :-)
    Take care and enjoy the day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy (as usual!) Nice work. It will be interesting to see that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another interesting gate!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I;ve never done an apple core, and not likely to remedy that anytime soon. LOL. So I will live vicariously through your project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...