Saturday, January 22, 2022

OUTDOOR TOUR

These are the tangerines--I will gladly sample one for you!  Since we have had chilly night several times, they are extra sweet!
The pig plum tree is in full bloom-they smell sweet
 and the bees are very busy, too! 
 You have to be very careful not to disturb them!
While there is lots of fruit and color closer to the house, the pond are is definitely showing evidence of the few frosts.  You can see the tops of the banana tree are burned.
Back to the house, the Mother of Thousands are all in bloom-very pretty but a pain in the neck plant because it spreads so quickly!
I have several of the fuschia blooming cacti that are still in bloom.
And our own (not from a store) poinsettia is in full bloom==
a bit late but I don't complain!
And this is what Bill has been doing--
he is insulating the ceiling of the garage.  
Just in time for our winter.
 

7 comments:

  1. Your tangerines look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traditionally I would have a tangerine for breakfast every Christmas morning with some mince pie and neither could be found this year. Tangerines are almost impossible to find anymore since those little Halo things took over the citrus aisle. It's shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mother of thousands flowers are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those flowers! It's been ages, (it seems), since I saw flowers bloom in the ground! It's SO cold here. I know in my head that people can actually have fruit like tangerines, oranges, grapefruit and bananas growing in their yards, but it seems almost magical to me. :-)
    Good for Bill, You'll soon be able to woodwork year round without freezing or getting heatstroke.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So MANY beautiful things in your yard.

    We bought a bag of tangerines. They are very good this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to see some color! It's mostly white here, but at least it's fresh snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...