I thought I would try and use my right arm and not my hand to hand onto the handlebars on the quilting machine but all of a sudden the machine made a noise that wasn't normal so I stopped to check it out! What a strange event--the broken thread got 'sucked' into the gears and wound around a billion times until it came to a halt! I had to have help from Bill to take the cover off the side of the machine and then I used an Exacto knife to cut the layers and layers of thread!!!!
But I did it left-handed the whole time!
I can't believe how much thread I cut out of there.
I was glad to see how clean the area was as long as I had a view of the insides--I oiled and then closed it up!
The machine worked just fine afterwards, I am glad to say!
Though I will have to remember next time I use this panto,
to load the quilt upside down
so I can 'write' the words right side up! lol