Friday, January 21, 2022

THWARTED!

I thought I would try  and use my right arm and not my hand to hand onto the handlebars on the quilting machine but all of a sudden the machine made a noise that wasn't normal so I stopped to check it out!  What a strange event--the broken thread got 'sucked' into the gears and wound around a billion times until it came to a halt!  I had to have help from Bill to take the cover off the side of the machine and then I used an Exacto knife to cut the layers and layers of thread!!!!  
But I did it left-handed the whole time!

I can't believe how much thread I cut out of there.
  I was glad to see how clean the area was as long as I had a view of the insides--I oiled and then closed it up!
The machine worked just fine afterwards, I am glad to say!
Though I will have to remember next time I use this panto,
 to load the quilt upside down
 so I can 'write' the words right side up! lol
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is quite the nest of thread! Fun quilting design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa....I've seen bobbin messes before but nothing like that. When I sewed the binding on the baby quilt I didn't notice that the machine wasn't properly threaded and I got a long bird's nest down two long sides of it before I realized what was going on. That was a lot of picking out of stitches but I learned my lesson. Check before you sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when the machine does scary things like that! I'm always worried I broke it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness! That's almost an entire spool of thread! What a mess. I bet the machine was happy to have that cleaned out.
    I'm so impressed that you can quilt one-handed. You are amazing!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, seems to stop you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on the quilting machine! That's a really nice quilt, too. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek! Glad you were able to figure out the issue. Hope you injury is healing, and you get a good report when you go back to the Dr.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

BLUE SKIES, BLUE WAVES

We were in St Augustine yesterday for an appointment for Bill and when we arrived, the receptionist informed us that the doctor (surgeon) ha...