Wednesday, January 5, 2022

wood on wednesday

8" of wild olive wood is being turned into a vase-like shape
 which I will use to hold my paint brushes!
I hollowed it out with a Forstner bit and then I had to repair the many cracks in this wood.  I fill them with CA glue and some sawdust.  I will be able to finish the piece today!
No matter how tired I am of standing there for several hours,
 I always sweep up the mess and place all of the shavings into the sawdust bin before I leave the area!
 

7 comments:

  1. Great idea for your paint brushes. That will be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be so gorgeous! I bet that sawdust smells great. I love the smell of it even if it's just a plain old wood smell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tidying the area when finished makes it more appealing when you return the next time. The vase is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first picture reminds me of a head laying there! :-) It's going to be a beautiful vase. Good for you doing the clean up. It's more fun to start in a clean area. I'm like that with the kitchen. I can't bear to go to bed unless the kitchen is clean. Dirty dishes in the sink in the morning is awful!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty pot! And the shavings make me think I should do that with thread scraps on my carpet. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...