Monday, August 28, 2023

ONE HALF OF A LACY DOLPHIN DOILY!

I hit the 1/2 mark on this doily;  now I have picked up from the foundation row and will repeat the same design to make the other half!  It is much easier to work the second half!  I had hit this mark earlier last week but when I blocked it I could see something wrong with the dolphin's fin-yup, I must have lost my place in the pattern and skipped a row (or two) and it was all wrong! 
 I ripped it back and I am so glad I did!  
At the shower yesterday, these are just a sample of two of the 'succulent' cupcakes that were available!  I did only eat one but I could've enjoyed the second one, too!!!  It was a very nice time and she loved the sweater I had knit and bought a bunch of outfits that matched!  Fun to be in the baby department to shop!
 

8 comments:

  1. Both are fun pieces of art! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dolphin looks great and those cupcakes are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dolphin doily is going to be a show-stopper. Perfect for a Florida home. And those cupcakes! Whoever made them is an artist too. They are gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so much easier to rip back crochet, thank goodness. The dolphin looks perfect.

    Those cupcakes!!! *Almost* too pretty to eat.

    Hope you stay safe from the oncoming storm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That doily is looking amazing! As are those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That doily is really coming together! Those cupcakes are perfection. I had to look at them twice because I was wondering why you were eating cactus....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job on the doily! Wow, the cupcakes are phenomenal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where would I find the pattern for the dolphin? I’m very impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...