Wednesday, August 2, 2023

ALL ABOUT THE HOUSE

I ripped out the latest sock--the yarn just destroyed the zig zag pattern so I ripped it back out to the toe and am beginning again.  There is a lot to be said for the vanilla sock!
There was a call for blocks from Cynthia of the Quilting is more fun than Housework blog so I dug through the stash and whipped off six blocks to send.
In between T-storms, I dashed out to get a picture of the Passion Fruit flower!  It is about 4" across and just full of alien beauty!  You can see another bud behind this one and there are several more buds and blooms on the vine!  Exciting stuff!
Another thrill is the Curcumin finally blooming!  These flowers are 5-6" tall.  It is not unusual to find a little tree frog in the 'pockets'!
Tumeric is in the Curcumin family and often the names are interchangeable but these are flowers and not to be dug up for a spice;  instead they spice up my garden!


(I'm late with this post because I fell asleep last night instead of blogging! lol)
 

4 comments:

  1. You've got some interesting blooms there and YES quilting is more fun than housework. By far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That Passion Fruit flower is stunning. The quilt blocks are fun and I LoVe the zig zag on the sock. I often do just plain vanilla socks on the foot of the sock.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the zig-zag looked pretty good. But, you have to like what you are knitting. The Hopscotch pattern I linked on my blog today might work. You could just purl the black stitches.

    In any case, it will be a pretty sock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful flower! Sometimes the yarn seems to hide the pattern, but who knows why? You are one speedy crafter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...