Thursday, August 31, 2023

THE MORNING AFTER

 
The Quilts For Kids boy version is completed!  Washed and ready for me to finish the other one to send back to them.


I even sewed the binding on the linen and indigo table runner.
Unfortunately, the indigo fabric bled into the linen colored fabric!  I'm hoping that a color catcher after the fact will work.  If not, it makes it look rather cohesive and I won't stress over it! Sigh.
What do you do when the hurricane isn't really as impressive as predicted?  Splash!

( our yard is a mess of brown palm boughs and some branches but this storm missed us!  Thank you for the kind thoughts!)
 

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it passed you by for the most part.

    I saw online that our apartment complex in Jax had some flooding and Memorial Park was damaged again. All in all, it could have been MUCH worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the storm wasn't too bad.

    I hate it when fabric bleeds like that. The runner looks great thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news! Of course cleaning up the debris is no fun either. Especially when it's hot out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for missing you!!! My friend put a cut out Elvis up in her window to make the storm go around them haha!! you could put quilts up ;-) So glad you are safe and sound!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear hat you are okay! Nice work on the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a relief to hear that all is well at your place. I think the quilts look great. The bleeding actually looks good!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...