Sunday, August 20, 2023

SPRINGS AND SUMMER

We took our youngest son and children to the springs at Welaka--what a treasure that place is tucked in like a hidden world!  The water was so refreshing after a long hike in to the water!
We sat and enjoyed the view and then would swim again--
a very relaxing few hours!
Everyone had a good time jumping in 
and swimming across the spring!
I came prepared this time to join in the swimming 
and had a wonderful time in the water!  I even swam over the springs--the water pressure is so great-
1.4 millions gallons a day-it holds you up in the water!  
My daughter in law sent gifts from her grandparents--very old bottles that he brought up when diving off the coast of St Thomas Island many decades ago--very cool to hold the bottles and feel the difference from new bottles!
  And the fabric is from grandma who is also an avid quilter! 
 I will enjoy them both very much!
 And look!  I even managed to finish the second doily! 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful springs and lovely gifts! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet that spring water sure felt refreshing (and a little shocking at first).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely spot! We've got a lot of water here but nothing to swim in. Between the jelly fish and the bacteria warnings posted I wouldn't even dip a toe in the bay right now...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so refreshing. We had a "feels like" temp of 113F here today. Believe me, I stayed in the AC as much of the time as I could. Those are such lovely gifts and how thoughtful of them.
    We have a pool here at the condo but it has been so full of people over the weekend that I wouldn't even think of going in the water.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've said it before - you live in a truly magical place!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...