Wednesday, August 9, 2023

NO WOOD ON WEDNESDAY!

The garage is just too hot to work in my corner where the lathe resides!  We are still smack dab in the dog days of Summer hitting heat indexes of 119^F-I don't last long at those numbers!  I'm doing pretty good if I can fill the bird feeders and water a plant or two!  I'm missing working at the lathe-I look at the wood and imagine what it can become;  I will store the ideas up for the first 'normal' temperature day that comes our way!   Instead, I did play in the studio doing piecing and cutting up the gingham that arrived!  I also made this pillowcase for the young lady I taught to sew this year.  It matches her pajama bottoms.    I did have to take a few seams out until I could remember how to make it without any exposed seams inside--I figured it out eventually! lol  It was good for me!  The rest of the day, I took turns at each of the projects I showed the other day--the doily seemed cursed but then I figured out what I was doing wrong and added several inches to it successfully!

5 comments:

  1. It's been a brutal summer for you guys down south. I have no idea why but we've been pretty much spared this year from our usual miserable heat and humidity. We have a hot one here and there but nothing like the weeks and weeks of mid 90's that we normally get. At least we are lucky in that we can keep ourselves busy when we are stuck inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I melt in that heat too! It's been a pretty hot summer here, but we've had lots of rain which has helped the humidity from getting too out of hand.
    It's been great weather for my garden, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pillowcase!

    I am beginning to regret our choice to dig out the yard now. It's been so HUMID even when it isn't really all that hot. And ..... I just can't take it anymore. I don't know whether it is age or diabetes, but I wear out very quickly in the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Temperatures have been in the 70s for about a week. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been down to the upper 70's and 80's for several days now which has been a relief, but with the humidity staying around 85-95% it doesn't seem much better for breathing. I had my annual physical today and the Dr. reminded me once again to not be outside in this heat or it could go very badly for me.
    I hate to wish time away since it seems to be fleeing quickly anyway, but I am looking forward to fall. Could it stay fall all year round please?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...