Monday, August 7, 2023

#1 and #2

The first re-sock is completed! I am much happier with this one!

I took notes which is a good thing because it is the best fitting sock I have ever made!  It is a toe-up sock and I make a gusset which I increased from a count of 32 to 56 and who knew an additional 4 increased stitches (for 4 more rows) could make such a difference!  Who says you can't improve on an old plan?!

I also began the second doily.  I had to do a great examination of the first one to see where I 'goofed' to end up with only 11 points instead of 12 so that the two doilies will match! lol  I found the row and I did comteplate ripping back the first one but gave that up!  I will make this one to match and have a pair of unique doilies instead!

And a month late, the red curcumin is in bloom!  With many more buds in sight, I will be enjoying these flowers until and if, we have a frost!  (which is hard to imagine with the recent high temps!)

 

4 comments:

  1. The red Curcumin is gorgeous! Nice job on the dock and doily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sock.

    I really wonder what kind of winter we are going to have. There are some signs that it might be early. I already have oak leaves falling. Early fall? Or, it could be that dry stretch we had earlier stressed the trees. We'll see, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sock!! Almost makes me wait to get out my sock yarn and cast on, almost! Maybe that will be a winter activity? But then again it would be perfect for boating, small and portable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great looking sock! One of the reasons I'm no fan of crochet is because I can't keep count to save my life. I can't tell you how many Audun squares I had to fudge to get to come out right.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...