Tuesday, August 8, 2023

JUST A BIT OF STITCHING

I made the linen pants! 
 Pants can be tricky because there are so many points that are critical for fit!  I am of an age where elastic pants are perfection and there was a lot of tweaking to do but I nailed it!
I wore the pants today (hence the wrinkles) but they are so comfortable and just what I envisioned to go with this knit top!
I ended up piecing the border strips with the other small pieces and today I will be stitching it together
 so it will go to the quilting frame pile!
After just 10 minutes outside, it is time to get back and cool off inside!  It has been brutal outside!  I have a nice array of projects to entertain me when I come inside!  (from left to right;  another crochet hat, the doily and the second sock)
 Lena likes me to make a 'fort' for her under the pillows-I am glad to accomodate her!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty Lena. The pants look great!

    ReplyDelete

  2. The linen pants and knit top make a beautiful combo.

    Giroux likes his fort under the bed quilts. He sends a big hello of Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've caught up with all of your posts. Love the quilts, hats and especially those linen pants with the sweater. You are amazing! Such a well-dressed lady. Lena looks super comfortable. We do spoil our babies doen't we?
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A completely handmade outfit! How cool is that. Pup likes to hide down in the pillows too-until she doesn't. Then she pushes them on the floor for me to have to pick up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...