Saturday, August 12, 2023

ANOTHER KINDA BOWL!


 When I was looking for the piping for the pillows the other day, I came across this hank of cotton rope.
 I knew immediately I wanted to make a basket!
  I circled around and around-it is very meditative
 and then when there were only a few yards left,
 I added the handles and finished off with the little flourishes
 on the side to secure the end of the rope. 
 Very satisfying, if I do say so myself!

Today, I will be finish piecing the gingham quilt top and then work on some more indigo and linen star blocks!  What are you up to today?

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome-with little flourishes no less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! Are the rope strands sewn together ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you sew that by hand or machine? It's gorgeous. Let's see. Today will be another day of trying to stay cool. I think we're going to wander around Scheels later and of course I'll be crocheting the edging for my shawl for the wedding.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one beautiful basket. Well done. I made a few several (ok many) years ago but none looked that good. Congrats on beautiful finished project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...