Tuesday, November 14, 2023

BEING UP AND ABOUT

I  have decided that the headache is with me for the now so I have to be up and start to be active again no matter what. It is hard to be up because I have no stamina but I need to be up to build up stamina.  It's hard no matter what! So I tackled the studio and finished quilting this one which was already on the frame.  I even cut 7 strips to make the binding.
I dug out this old project (Elmgrove) that I finished  at the beginning of this year and it ended up being way too big!  It's been in the naughty bucket and so when I needed to sit down, 
I began deconstructing it!
It took about an hour;  the yarn was a bit 'sticky' to unravel 
but I persevered!
And I even cast on a new sweater!  I am making  a side to side sweater that I have made before, Nera, 
and it will drape nicely in this yarn.  The last sweater was in cotton yarn and it a quite a bit thicker.


 

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your headache is continuing. The quilt looks lovely and good luck with the new sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to power through hoping that something will break that cycle of pain. Sometimes a big jolt of caffeine does it for me. Sometimes it doesn't. I love the color of the naughty sweater. I've always wanted a red cardigan. I have the yarn here and the pattern but I never get it started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear things aren't improving

    I clicked on the link for the Elmgrove pattern - I have the same dress the model is wearing!!! It's from Old Navy. Im going to have to make that cardigan now - after Dad's sweater is done of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a red sweater that needed frogging, I felted it instead. LOL. Thought maybe it would make a nice toasty sweater for someone. Just need to find that small someone. Bwahahaha! Love the finished pieces from the previous posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope getting up and about helps the headache, but please try not to do too much. The quilt is a beauty and so is the frogged yarn. It looks like autumn to me.
    Take care of yourself.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope that headache goes away!! Someone once told me pineapple juice and sprite helps but I am allergic to pineapple so I don't know!! But it sure sounded good anyways haha!! I wish there was a magic wand to help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear that you still have that nasty headache! Love that pine sweater, especially since it's red, and the quilt, too. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...