Thursday, November 30, 2023

PULLING OUT A BURIED OBJECT!

So I pulled out this Christmas mini quilt that I started several years ago and figured out that I made the first 16 blocks (arranged like an advent calendar) and then quit.  The pattern and fabric were still there with the blocks  so I decided to give it a finish!
There are still as many pieces to cut as in a full sized quilt
 but they are just small and fiddly. 
 I got the pieces cut out and then stitched them together.  

 
Not so happy with the results.  I remember why I put it away.  That 1/4" seam allowance which looks so small on a 6" block is really big on a 1" square!  I might try it again today but no guarantees!

 

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a Dear Jane. Those crazy seam allowances are a nightmare on it too. They are so beautiful when they are done but what a pain they are to work on. I have to be in the right mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say do it all - they don't need to be perfect! It's wasted if it just sits there untouched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very beautiful though and looks perfect to me.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...