Wednesday, November 8, 2023

PITIFUL INDEED

I have made this hat again and again--as in make it, rip it out and make the same one again!  I have  added to the headache  a head cold--which impairs thinking to another whole degree!  
Isn't the construction cool--short rows in crochet is brilliantly used to shape this hat!
The first time I made it and smoothed it out I saw a row like this.  It is supposed to single crochet up and slip stitch down but I didn't remember which was I was going.  I thought to leave it until I turned the hat and there were two more rows that looked like this!!!  Three strikes you're out!  And  so I ripped it back to the halfway mark and made it again only to decide it was WAY TOO BIG!    There is way too much of a variation of yarn even though both skeins were labeled as #4 yarn.  Sigh.
\
I persevered and now have no mistakes and it is the right size!  
For your viewing pleasure-a miniature orange Thunbergia!  I haven't even made it outside the last few days but at the time of this photo, there were several more buds on the vines so I will look forward to many more flowers, at least!

5 comments:

  1. I sure am sorry you are still feeling so poorly. I hope that can change pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. It doesn't rain, but it pours! I sure hope you start to feeling better very soon. That is a beautifully made hat. Someday I'm going to have time to look up the pattern and try one for myselft. :-)
    Praying for you my dear friend.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yikes. What a naughty hat. It may be driving you crazy but it looks great. I love that stitch definition. I hope you are feeling better soon. Colds seem to be going around Daughter's been up with baby Grand who went from a cold to an ear infection over the weekend. His first so it's been an ordeal for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope by now you're feeling better, Congrats on getting the hat the way you wanted it. If you had not said it was crocheted, I would have thought it was knitted. It looks like it was knitted. Interesting to sc and slip stitch. Beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting hat - but I certainly wouldn't be able to wrap my head around it with a headache AND a head cold!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...