Monday, November 20, 2023

SNOW!?!


So a blog friend  sent me a challenge   an idea since I have been enjoying crochet lately;  some gorgeous snowflakes that are pretty intricate.  It is made with a small hook and sock yarn. 
 I used some of the rabbit yarn from KnitPicks
 that was just a leftover ball.
I had many false starts until I figured out what the new stitches were all about.  I was pretty proud of myself until I got that sinking feeing---it was supposed to be six-sided!!!! 
Of course, I had to make another one so I could end on a successful note!  This isn't blocked; I'm wondering if it will make a difference so I will try that today.

I will be making some more of these today also! 
 Just right for holding a bowl of hot soup or chile!

6 comments:

  1. Cute! I've never seen them made out of sock yarn...rather thin thread and then they are usually starched and blocked. We have quite a few for our Christmas tree from Fletcher's Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have several crocheted snowflakes on my tree. I think they are packed up here somewhere-unless the mice ate them. We used to stiffen them with sugar water so they made a tasty snack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make those snowflakes out of #10 crochet cotton. Blocking really did make a difference on those.

    The bowl cozy is beautiful. Those would make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty snowflakes! I need to make another bowl cozy since one of mine is too limp to do much good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Even the 5 sided one. I knew you could do it, now I wonder if I dare try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...