Saturday, November 18, 2023

SLIPPERS!

Another idea for slippers;  single crochet a square, seam up the heel, divide the other end in thirds and gather 2/3 and fold the other 1/3 up at an angle and stitch in place.  The pom-poms are not only decorative but also help close up the top of the slippers!   I wear a size 8 shoe and through trial and error, I figured out I needed only 32 stitches for length and 32 rows to wrap around my foot to give you a starting place. 
 I used a #4 Worsted weight yarn and an H hook.  
Bill managed to do the cement!!!! 
 It poured again until mid-day but he caught a few hours of dry-ish weather and got it done!  In a few days, it will be dry enough for me to paint it.  Once I get the two coats on and dried, we can put down the patio rug (which matches the other side with the sectional) and arrange the table on this side of the lanai!
  Now all we need is some sunshine to enjoy it all again!  



 

2 comments:

  1. The cement is a big job done! That’s great! The slippers are very fun…and I assume easy wash/dry, so it’s kind of a fun sock variation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pompoms are just too cute! They say it's time for some serious relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...